Cahoots, Northern Ireland’s leading theatre company producing work for young audiences, are seeking an Arts Administrator to join the team as they enter an exciting production period.
Cahoots performs to ever-growing audiences at home and around the world using our distinctive style of theatrical magic, combining physical theatre, contemporary circus, original music, digital technology and the age-old popularity of magic and illusion. Our work is acclaimed in Ireland, the UK, Asia, America and has been enjoyed in theatres, schools and healthcare settings since 2001.
Through our theatrical magic, we inspire a sense of wonder, unlock imaginations and nurture a love of the arts in children. In doing so, we create lifelong memories and joint family experiences that make a difference to their lives.
Cahoots were named Arts Organisation of the Year at the 2021 Arts & Business NI Awards.
Job Description and Person Specification
Responsible to: Cahoots’ Creative Engagement Manager
Working Hours : 37hrs per week. Evening and weekend working as required
Salary: £19,000-£22,000 Pro Rata
Starting : September 2022
Contract : This is a fixed term post of 3 months, with the potential to extend. A probationary period will apply.
To provide efficient and proficient administrative, marketing and project support to the core Cahoots Team as required.
- Perform a wide range of administrative and clerical duties required in the efficient running of a busy theatre company, assisting with all aspects of the day-to-day company business.
- Oversee company communications, responding to telephone queries and dealing with routine online/email correspondence.
- Assist with a range of marketing activities to support the programme including the production and distribution of publicity material, social media and website content and coordinating press and media coverage as secured by Cahoots’ PR contact.
- Assist with the development and delivery of projects including diary management, scheduling, record keeping, note taking and data collection.
- Contribute to company fundraising activity, principally through documentation, preparation and submission of project evaluation reports.
- Develop and maintain databases of appropriate stakeholders in line with GDPR regulations, including audiences, media, industry contacts etc.
- Assist with key components of our international touring programme, including VISA preparation, booking accommodation, transport and travel.
- Assist the other members of the company in the undertaking of their duties.
- The responsibilities outlined above give a broad outline of the position, however these duties should be approached with flexibility and the team member will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and may be asked to undertake other duties suitable to their level of responsibility.
- Third level qualification plus 1 year’s experience or equivalent job experience*
- Excellent planning, project and administrative skills with great attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to contribute effectively to a small team and be self-motivated
- Proven ability to work to schedules and deadlines
- High level of computer and internet literacy
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the arts, in particular theatre for young audiences
*Where applicants do not hold a third level qualification as outlined above, they must demonstrate a minimum of three years’ additional experience as outlined above.
- Experience of administration in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors
- Experience working with budgets
- Experience using Apple Mac systems
- Experience using social media in a work environment
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Personal Attributes :
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive can-do attitude
- A solutions oriented approach to problems
- Ability to manage own workload
How to apply
Please complete and return your application form to [email protected] by Sunday 18th September at 5pm
It is our policy to provide employment equality to all, irrespective of:
Marital or civil partnership status
Having or not having dependants
Religious belief or political opinion
If you have issues downloading the pack, or need any further information, please contact [email protected]